CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, February 13, 2009

My V-day Poem.

For Valentines my honors class was assigned to write poems for some of the soldiers that are away from their families for this holiday, and, although its not my favorite holiday, i wrote one!
I actually had alot of fun writing it and my teacher really liked it!! So if I can remember it I'm putting it on here so here it goes.


Valentines day is a day for love,
a day for warmth,
a day sent from above.
To love the ones we hold near,
to reach out to someone dear.

Love isn't cards, candy, or rings.
It's not cars, houses, or other things.
It's showing service, helping a noble purpose.
Thank you for all you do for our country.
Happy Valentines day to you from me.


hehe I really like writing poems, and lucky me we are in a poetry section in honors so I get to write alot!!

2 things you want to say to ME!!:

OMG You're Prego!!!! said...

umm it is good and since it was for soldiers it ok even though ,in my opionon, it missed the purpose of valentines day

Miranda said...

and what is the purpose?